King County Children and Family Justice Center
Seattle King County Children and Family Justice Center
YEAR: 2014 - 2018
LOCATION: Seattle, WA, USA
SCALE: 36821.19 m2 / 396,340 ft2
CLIENT: King County of Seattle
STATUS: Construction Ongoing
This Project is a Design Build Project and the design is the result of a year long Design Competition Carried our by King County Seattle.
The Children and Family Justice Center countains Courts, ,Detention and Transitional Housing, the Alder school and a Parking Structure. Designed to be LEED Gold, the highly advanced complex will consolidate the operation of existing, separated facilities and will allow the fiull integration of all the judicial, legal and social service components required to comprehensively meet the nees of all at-risk families and children.
This project will eventually provide a more humane and comfortable enviroment for families and children who are under pressure or in extreme condition, provide a functional and beautiful facility that contribute to the community.
Design Concept and Guiding Principles
- Support neighborhood plans, policies, and projects.
- Improve visibility, security, and safety.
- Enhance pedestrian mobility across the site and reconnect Squire Park with First Hill.
- Create a street-life that is diverse and thriving.
- Respond to views of the City and natural environment.
- Provide usable, publicly accessible open space.
- Build an economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable neighborhood.